Sunday, April 10, 2011

Modern Look

Alright, so I decided to talk about the whole modernized sparse look. I don't know exactly what you would call it, but I think "minimalism" sums it up perfectly. I don't really know what to think of this look. It's beautiful, and new, and really clean, but I don't think I like it a lot. To me the look has no warmth. I'd almost be afraid to sit in a room like this, as for fear of making any little mark or mess. I know it is one of the biggest trends in interior design at the moment but it's just not a style that I enjoy.
What do you think?

-Emma Colling

1 comment:

  1. Good post Emma. You're comments and insight are great!! I think a lot of people feel the same way about the 'minimilist' look. Just give me a few more pictures next time.

    FYI the thing I like about the look is that I feel like the rooms aren't overpowering. Sometimes a room can overpower my thoughts and how I feel in a room. Sometimes, less minimilist rooms, are just too much of a good thing.

    ReplyDelete